Amor Sem Igual

"I have zero tolerance for injustice against animals" Dani Moreno tells us this and more!

October 26, 2019

Dani Moreno is an artist who can be described in many ways, but because we needed to get the detailed description from the subject herself, I spoke to this amazingly talented actress of Brave Woman and Friends to the Rescue, and she is truly a personality made of more than meets the eye


Dani Moreno

TABA: Describe Dani Moreno
Dani: Vegan, married, rescuer of animals...I have a very demanding sense of justice and zero-tolerance against animal violence. I love my art above almost everything in my life and I am learning that nothing is more important than family.

TABA: When did you know that you wanted to be an actress / Did you study acting?
Dani: I have always had my foot on the stage. I was always singing since I was small. The theatre became part of my life in 2005, as I had not sung in 2 years after the death of my father. After graduating in Social Communication, I worked for 3 years with advertising production. Along the way, I was doing tests for the films I produced myself and was approved in several of them. I dropped everything in May 2010 and I went to study acting at GlobeSP Vocational School. I left the course already approved for my first telenovela, Love and Revolution (Amor e Revolução), produced by SBT.

TABA: When did you have your big break in the acting industry?
Dani: In 2011, I did the soap opera Love and Revolution (Amor e Revolução) at SBT. Marta, my character opened me all the doors for dramaturgy in Brazil.
Dani as Marta in Amor e Revolução / Love and Revolution produced by SBT

TABA: Describe a typical Dani Moreno day
Dani: Yoga, animals, and cooking.

TABAAisha is a well-known character around here from Brave Woman. Tell us about the experience you had playing the character, and being part of Globo at the time.


From lower left: Giovanna Antonelli, Zeze Polessa, Dani Moreno and Antonio Calloni


From left: Zeze Polessa, Dani Moreno and Antonio Calloni


Dani: It was a fright. A character like Aisha on prime time on Brazilian television in less than 2 years of being an actress. Wow! I was suddenly playing alongside Antonio Calloni, Zezé Polessa, Giovanna Antonelli and so many others that have always been part of my viewership. I learned a lot !!

TABA: What impact did acting on Love and Revolution (Amor e Revoluçãohave on you?
Dani: There I played a girl who loved another girl in the middle of a military dictatorship. It was a strong character and full of love for me.

TABAHow did you first react to Safira when you landed the role in Friends to the Rescue?
Dani: I was very excited! My first villain! And in a juvenile telenovela no less. I knew it would mark the lives of many children, the very same way that many characters have marked my life. I had so much fun with Safira! I love her too much.


Dani Moreno as Safira in Friends to the Rescue

Dani Moreno as Safira in Friends to the Rescue
TABA: What are the day to day challenges of acting in Brazil?
DaniI think in the life of any actor, anywhere in the world, the biggest difficulty is called the "off-season" period in which the actor finishes a project and awaits the next one. This is the biggest challenge for me. It hurts me to stay away from floorboards and lights of a studio. I am almost nothing without my craft.

TABA: You have a very wonderful voice! In Friends to the Rescue,
you have sung Decadence Avec Elegance and Sangue Latina, proving your musical prowess. That is quite a gift!
Dani: Thank you!!! =)

TABA: Are there any particular styles of music that you are into?
DaniI like a lot of things. Brazilian music, especially! Zeca Baleiro, Elis Regina, Caetano Veloso, Alceu Valença are among my favorites

TABA: Other than acting and singing, have you ever considered any other interests in life?
DaniI've worked behind the scenes of film productions. I can't run away from art.

TABA: Are there any actors/actresses whom you would say have 
been influences for you?
DaniLaura Cardoso is my inspiration. As an actress, human being, professional, finally ...She is my greatest icon. Another person who inspires me too much is Giovanna Antonelli. I have never seen a more competent, cheerful, efficient professional ... She is also a fantastic example.

TABA: Do you think Brazilian television and cinema are at a good 
place now?
DaniWe are far from being in a good place. The daily life of cinematic art and TV here is a fight! We are always looking for sponsorship and recognition. Being an artist in Brazil is a political position, I would say.

TABA: You are passionate about the preservation of animal life. Tell us about that.
DaniFrom childhood, I felt a great connection to animals. My grandfather and my father rescued animals to care and rehabilitate. I grew up seeing their passion for domestic animals. My love went beyond. For me, it makes no sense to love and protect a dog while at the same time, eating a pig. Today we are living in a moment of environmental collapse and this is closely linked to our eating habits. The livestock is devastating the planet and if we do not arouse compassion, humanity is in danger of facing the greatest of climate and environmental disasters.

TABA: Being a champion for preservation for animal life, what is
your opinion on the current plight over the saving of the Amazon, and what do you think the Brazilian government should take into consideration (especially with a president like yours)
DaniThe Amazon goes beyond preserving the life of animals. We humans have a sense of exploration in our DNA. Our stories are all based on the exploration of humans through slavery, animal exploitation, mineral exploitation, and then?... We explore all life on the planet for capitalism - All to turn into cash or currency of exchange. We forget that we have a planet that gives us what is necessary for our survival. All who occupy places of power, both in Brazil and abroad, unfortunately, defend their own interests and forget to preserve for tomorrow. I am 100% against any form of exploitation of the Amazon.

TABA: Can you tell us a bit about your upcoming role in Cristianne Fridman’s telenovela, Amor sem Igual?
Dani: I cannot say much but her name is Furacão, a prostitute. Her real name is Berenice. She spares no effort for the survival of her family.

From left: Day Mesquita, Dani Moreno, Malu Falangola, Sthefany Brito
TABA: How has your experience been working at RecordTV since 
Jesus (We are hoping to see it here in Kenya)
Dani: I hope Jesus airs in Kenya as well! =) It's been a relationship of trust above everything. Record highly values professionals committed to each character and their work and I cherish a house that recognizes this in its employees. It has been a wonderful 
experience.

Joining Record TV for the telenovela, Jesus.

TABA: How is it being married to a fellow artist?
Dani: It is wonderful to be able to share the same trade with your partner. We have extremely productive exchanges!


Dani Moreno and her husband Jose Trassi

Don't we just love this couple?
TABA: What are you most excited about these days?
DaniThe expectation of the premiere of Amor sem Igual and Furacão being known by the public!

TABA: How has 2019 been for you thus far? Are there things you 
wish you could have achieved by now and have not?
DaniI finished a telenovela, got married, and I'm starting another telenovela that promises to be a big hit. There's nothing 2019 hasn't given me.

TABA: What advice you normally give to aspiring actors in the 
industry (both nationally and outside of Brazil)
Dani: Perseverance. Patience.

TABA: What would you like people to remember about you?
DaniOf my unconditional love for all that I dedicate myself to.

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to interact with 
us and we hope for nothing but the best for your future projects

QUICK FLASH QUESTIONS:

Favorite actor 
Nelson Xavier

Favorite actress 
Laura Cardoso

Favorite Book 
Women who run with the Wolves

Paris or Venice 
I have not been to either, but Venice speaks more to me

Juice or Yogurt 
Juice

Worst series you have ever watched 
I can't name any because when I don't like it
I don't even bother to see the second episode hahaha

Sleep early or party late
Sleeping early

Do you speak other languages?
A bit of English

Where would you like to visit?
Ilha de São Jorge, Portugal. My maternal family comes from there and I would like to get to know the cradle of a part of my family.

Most confused person you know
Myself





You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Over 600,000+ Readers Get fresh content from Eva