Celebrity News

Gianecchini talks about sexuality: “I've had romances with men”

September 29, 2019

For the first time, Shades of Sin actor Reynaldo Gianecchini spoke openly about his sexuality. In an interview with O GLOBO's ELA, the actor revealed that he had relationships with men and explained why he chose to tell about this side of his life now.


Reynaldo Giannechini

The interview traced different aspects of the life of Régis, his character in A Dona do Pedaço, such as career, spirituality, life in Rio de Janeiro, children, relationships, among other subjects.

In pulling the conversation to the topic of sexuality, Gianecchini was asked how he deals with his own. And he didn't blink as he entered the debate.

Gianecchini recalled that his sexuality has always been a much talked about and highly charged subject. “'When are you coming out of the closet?'” 

About the charge, the artist claims to recognize nuances of his sexuality that go beyond what expected by the public. “I recognize every part of me: the man, the woman, the gay, the straight, the bisexual, the child, and the old. Like inside everyone. Sexuality is much broader and people are light. They want to fit you in a drawer, and I can't, because sexuality is the channel of life and my sexuality doesn't fit in a drawer. Our questions and taboos go through this channel. ”

In explaining how he deals with his sexuality, Gianecchini confirmed the information that he has had relationships with men. But he emphasized that he does not consider himself homosexual, as he explained in the fluid way in which he deals with sexuality.

Yes, I've had romances with men, and I think this is the time to say that. But I never felt compelled to carry the flag of homosexuality. The desire for me is not gender or age.

For Gianecchini, the need to reveal only now that he has had homo-affective relationships is due to the fact that Brazilian society is still conservative, full of prejudice.

It took me a while to talk because it always bumps into the size of prejudice in Brazil. But now it is important to reaffirm freedom, for me and for those facing repression.

The actor also remembered the distorted view of his sexuality at the time he was married to Marilia Gabriela, an actress from Two Faces ( Guigui ). Throughout their eight years together, much was said about Gianecchini's sexual orientation.

I was damn married, I've never seen such a whole marriage. And they already said things.

Despite making revelations about his personal life that had previously been reserved for him, Gianecchini did not seek to dwell on the information he has had or has had lately.

“I don't feel like talking about who I'm having sex with, I don't need to talk. I value my freedom not to name names and protect my privacy.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Over 600,000+ Readers Get fresh content from Eva