Bom Sucesso

Diego Montez speaks of joining Globo and his father as well...

April 13, 2019

Less than a week after the premiere of the musical stage show Meu Destino é ser star in Rio, Diego Montez, actor of Friends to the Rescue, received word of the death of his father, the presenter Wagner Montes. The actor has plunged himself heavily into work since then, most notably with his coming up debut at Globo in the upcoming telenovela Bom Sucesso.

Diego Montez (Photo by Gabriel Henrique)



Diego said of this trying time:

Work certainly helped me. It was always a great desire of my father that I had my professional autonomy. I've been looking for this a lot. The musical appeared at an important time, at a very complicated stage. The cast is small, filled with friends who help me well. I was very well protected, "he says, adding that his mother, Sonia Lima, is proud of his achievements. - She's overjoyed. and happy, cheering for me a lot.
Diego and his mother, Sonia Lima (Photo: Reproduction)

Diego and his later father, Wagner Montes (Photo: Reproduction)

Diego who will be acting for Globo for the first time ever is known for being in SBT and Record TV's dramaturgy having played in Friends to the Rescue and Rebel Rio respectively. His character in Bom Sucesso will be a marketing director of a company and his character forms part of the comic end of the telenovela which will star Grazi Massafera (Caribbean Flower, Hidden Truths) and Romulo Estrela.

The 26-year-old actor also has a YouTube channel and has worked with marketing at Aventura Entertainment, responsible for Meu Destino é ser star. He said:

The company's marketing manager saw my channel, liked it and called me to work there. I took care of social media. It has already served as an eye opener for the novela.

He will continue to be on stage this month, during the season in São Paulo. Then the piece will go on tour, but he still does not know if he can coincide with the shooting of the novela. For the musical, the actor went through an intense preparation:

I say you have to be an athlete to make music. The body has to be clinking and it is necessary to take care of one's mental health as well. The trials run for nine hours and happen six times a week. In this piece, specifically, there are many dance numbers.

Montez reveals that he was not always in good shape. Back in his teens, he weighed 112kg.

I've never been thin. Then, from 13 to 15, I started to lose weight. I did an orthomolecular treatment that led me to eliminate 26kg in six months. We only change when something happens internally. When I wanted to, I ran back.

The actor says that he is very attentive to any changes in his body now.

I have not had problems like that since. I keep my weight flexible for my acting career. I had to do a musical where I played a drag queen and I was 72kg but was able to lose the required 8kg to 64 kg for the role. I am careful not to get out of control these days with any latent preoccupation with my metabolism.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Over 600,000+ Readers Get fresh content from Eva